3 Research Questions To Ask Custom Sign Companies In McKinney, TX
Today’s post builds off the International Sign Association’s “Questions to Ask a Potential Sign Partner” to help you find custom sign companies worth their salt, and to further highlight why so many McKinney businesses trust our team with their primary advertising assets.
Read on or call (469)-885-7090 to speak with a custom sign specialist in McKinney, TX straight away.
1. Does Your Custom Sign Company Offer Graphic Design In-House?
“If you don’t have a logo and font yet, a sign company’s design artists may be able to create them for you,” states the ISA website. And even if you already have a logo in-hand, it’s still a good idea to find custom sign companies with in-house graphics capabilities, because you never know what the future may hold.
But not all in-house graphics teams are created equal. Building off the ISA’s recommendations, we recommend taking your line of questioning a little further to make sure you’re working with a qualified professional, rather than somebody who just bought design software and wants to “learn on the job” at your expense. To make sure you’re working with a serious design professional, ask potential custom sign companies:
- Do you have a portfolio or online gallery that I can see?
- Can you guarantee my design will be compliant with local sign codes (e.g. those stipulated in the McKinney Code of Ordinances)?
- Are you familiar with the 2010 Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Standards for Accessible Design? Do you offer ADA-compliant designs and/or design remediation?
2. Does Your Custom Sign Company Assist With Permitting?
“As with any type of construction, signage typically requires permitting, and in some cases, electrification,” states the ISA website. “A sign company should be able to provide plans and work with local officials to gather the necessary permits and understand local regulations as it relates to signage.”
If the company in question does not provide hands-on support with permitting, they should at least be able to point you in the right direction, and confidently provide code-compliant design, installation, and electrification services. You’ll find it all at Image Signs of McKinney!
3. Does Your Custom Sign Company Offer Installation?
“Signs are not typically a do-it-yourself project, unless you’re only adding a handful of simple interior signs,” states the ISA website. Accordingly, it’s important that you find a sign partner that offers installation services as part of every order, especially if you’re ordering custom signage that requires atypical set-up.
Before you commit to your sign order, ask any prospective custom sign companies the following:
- Is installation included as part of my custom order?
- Do you include all the necessary specialized equipment?
- Is safety an important component of your service?
- Is your company licensed for the job, and do you have all the necessary insurance?
If you partner with Image Signs of McKinney, the answer is “yes,” across the board. We support every customer from first call to final installation, providing total peace of mind and keeping every piece of their sign system totally compliant with local sign code.
Free Quote From A Custom Sign Company In Mckinney, TX
Whether you’re a McKinney local or your business is located out-of-state, our team is standing by to create the custom signs of your dreams. Call (469)-885-7090 or visit the Image Signs of McKinney website to get a same-day quote on any custom sign order at no charge.